Honda Malaysia today announced the BR-V has recorded almost 1,000 units in sales within six months of launch, exceeding the annual sales target of 10,000.

The company said the launch of the seven-seater crossover has enabled it to penetrate a new market with the “stylish yet practical alternative” priced below RM100,000.

It has set a new sales target of 15,000  for the year, a 50% increase from the initial target.

The V variant led the number of sales at 80% while the remaining 20% sales come from the E Variant, while in terms of colour preference, Taffeta White and Modern Steel Metallic are customer favourites, recording 27% and 25% sales respectively whereas the Dark Ruby Red Pearl, Golden Brown Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic shared similar sales percentage at 16% to 17%.

In terms of BR-V sales recorded by region, Klang Valley contributed the highest sales figures at 44% where majority of customers were attracted to the BR-V’s practicality as both a family and city driving vehicle.

The Southern region recorded 20% sales while the Northern region contributed 18%.

The introduction of BR-V has also enabled the brand to further penetrate the East Malaysia market, with sales records showing it has been well accepted there, achieving 10% of total sales in Malaysia and exceeding Honda Malaysia’s initial target of 6%.

The BR-V contributes 34% to the overall sales garnered in East Malaysia.

According to Honda Malaysia, most BR-V customers are upgrading from national cars or non-national additional car buyers looking for a bigger vehicle to accommodate growing families within their budget, and it is also the choice for about 14% of first time car buyers.

The company said expected delivery period for the BR-V remains at one to two months and it is taking all necessary steps to ensure fast and efficient delivery to customers without compromising on vehicle quality control.

The BR-V is a model specially developed by Honda R&D Asia Pacific Co Ltd (HRAP) for the ASEAN market, and the first HRAP model introduced in Malaysia.

It is fitted with a 1.5L i-VTEC engine combined with Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) developed under Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology.

Read our First Impression review on the BR-V here.



Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on wemotor.com's media platforms. Learn more.